Bronze sculpture of two persons:
- Commerce, depicted by a male figure holding a ship in his left hand and a caduceous in his upright right hand.
- Industry, depicted by a female figure holding a cog wheel in her right hand and an olive branch in her upright left hand.
i.v.perdigao | 1960
fundição de bronzes | bernardino Inacio filio | gulpilhares – v. n. gaia
Building was opened 11 March 1962.
- I.V. Perdigão,
Sources & Information
- Arquipelagos, Image Bank.
- Funchal Municipio, Funchal: Cidade com Arte (2010) (PDF on-line).
- António Carlos Jardim Valente, As artes plásticas na Madeira (1910-1990), (Funchal, 1999), p. 104.
- Madeira Quase Esquecida, O que nos contam as nossas estátuas
Locatie (N 32°38'49" - W 16°54'20") (Satellite view: Google Maps)
Item Code: ptma002; Photograph: 6 January 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.