Ireland

Statues - Hither & Thither

Site Search:
Cork - Corcaigh
Cork - Corcaigh

Washington Street
(Cork Courthouse)

Lady Justice with Hibernia and Commerce

Thomas Kirk
1828

Cork - Corcaigh /  Lady Justice with Hibernia and Commerce

Description

Sculpture group with in the center a seated Lady Justice with scales and two fasces, flanked by two seated women, representing Hibernia and Commerce. The sculpture is placed on the crown of the pediment of the Cork Courthouse.

Annotation

Neo-classical court house with Corinthian detail, built 1828 by Richard and George Pain. Partially destroyed by fire and rebuilt 1891 by William Hill architect and Samuel Hill building contractor.

Cork - Corcaigh / Lady Justice with Hibernia and Commerce

Sculptor

Sources & Information

Tags

Location (N 51°53'51" - W 8°28'43")

Item Code: ie151; Photograph: 15 June 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt