Statue of the Hortobágy horseherd taming a wild horse.
Signed: ifj. Vastagh György 1899
The statue originally stood in front of the Riding School in the former Újvilág terrace. It was displayed in the Exposition Universelle in Paris (1900). The damaged statue was removed during the 1960s but it was later restored and erected in the western forecourt of the palace in 1983, next to the Matthias Fountain.
Vastagh György ifj. (Koloszvór [Cluj] 1868 - Budapest 1946),