(Cathedral - Holy Trinity Chapel)
Edward Vaughan and Gerald of Wales
Stone statues of Giraldus de Barri and Edward Vaughan are on the sides of the altar, these statues date from the 1920s.
(left) ed. vavghan ep. 1509-1522. Edward Vaughan, bishop of St. David's (1509-22) had constructed the Holy Trinity Chapel
(right) giraldvs cambrensis 1147-1223. Gerald of Wales (Manorbier Castle, Pembrokeshire, c. 1146 - Hereford? c. 1223), also known as Gerallt Gymro in Welsh or Giraldus Cambrensis in Latin, archdeacon of Brecon, medieval clergyman and chronicler of his times.
The altar shows a relief of a calvary scene (crucifix with Mary and John the Apostle), flanked by St. James the Greater and St. Andrew on the left, and St. Peter and St. Paul on the right. The text is Ecce agnus dei qui tollis peccata mundi (behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world).
Sources & Information
St. Davids Cathedral (Norwich: Jarrold Publishing, 2008).