Statues - Hither & Thither
South East England
Blagrave Street / Station Approach
King Edward VIILondon 1841 - London 1910
King of the United Kingdom and the British Dominions and Emperor of India, 1901-1910
George Edward Wade
Statue of King Edward VII in the uniform of a field marshal, wearing the Parliamentary robe and holding the sceptre in the right hand and the Orb in the left.
The statue was unveiled on 3 December 1902 by Prince Christian of Schleswig-Holstein (the husband of the King's sister Helena).
King of Great Britain
and Ireland and of
the British Dominions
beyond the Seas
Emperor of India
This Statue was presented
to the Town of Reading by
Martin John Sutton
eldest son of the late
Martin Hope Sutton
who for 86 years was
a resident in this Borough.
His Majesty King Edward VII
Record of the
and Public Rejoicings held
in the County Borough of Reading
Dinner to 2000 Aged Poor Persons.
Tea to 14,500 School Children.
Special Services at
Churches and Chapels.
Procession of the Town Council,
and of Oddfellows, Foresters, and
other Benefit and Friendly Societies;
Trade, Florally Decorated, Emblematic,
and Historical Cars, and
Decorated Carriages, including
Automobiles and Cycles.
Aquatic Sports, Amateur & Non Amateur
and Old English Sports.
Water Carnival with procession of
illuminated and decorated boats
and steam launches.
Planting commemoration tree in the
Forbury Pleasure Grounds
by the Mayoress.
Illuminated Promenade Concerts.
Torchlight Procession attended by the
Mayor and by the Chairmen and
Secretaries of the Coronation Committees
Distribution of Medals and Coronation
Pictures by the Mayor & the Mayoress.
Alfred Holland Bull J.P. Mayor.
Henry Day, Town Clerk.