Sculpture, consisting of four soldiers clustered around an artillery piece, one of whom is wounded and being comforted by a nurse, and a summit Britannia holding a small child.
On either sides list with names (photos available on request). Below the tablet:
1914 - 1919
in remembrance of members of the liverpool exchange
newsroom, who gave their lives for right and freedom
and whose names are recorded on the adjoining tablets
and of those sons of members who laid
down their lives in the same great cause
in gratitude also to all members and sons of members
who served their country
during the war
the names of all are recorded
in the book of service
this monument was re-erected
in this position in 1953
The monument was originally unveiled by the 17th Earl of Derby on 1st January 1924 at Derby House, Liverpool. It was moved in 1953 when the original Exchange building was rebuilt.
- Walter Gilbert (1871-1946),
Sources & Information
Location (N 53°24'28" - W 2°59'31")
Item Code: gbnw015; Photograph: 23 October 2009
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt