was erected in 1845 by Public Subscription to the memory of
ADMIRAL LORD COLLINGWOOD,
who in the Royal Sovereign on 21st October 1805 led the British Fleet
into action at Trafalgar and sustained the Sea Fight for upwards of an hour
before the other ships were within gun shot, which caused Nelson to exclaim
See how that noble fellow Collingwood takes his ship into action.
He was born at Newcastle-upon-Tyne 1748 and died in the Service
of his country on board of the "ville-de-paris" on 7th March 1810
and was buried in St Paul's Cathedral.
The four Guns upon this Monument belonged to his Ship the
Sources & Information
Location (N 55°0'53" - W 1°25'12")
Item Code: gbne001; Photograph: 24 September 2004
/ updated: 14 September 2009
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt