Bronze equestrian statue of George III.
(two times on the saddle-cloth) matthew cotes wyatt sculp 1836
- Matthew Cotes Wyatt (1777-1862), British painter and sculptor (Wikipedia).
Sources & Information
- Andrew Kershman, London's Monuments (London: Metro Publ., 2013), p. 6-7.
- John Blackwood, London's Immortals: The Complete Outdoor Commemorative Statues (London: Savoy, 1989), p. 48-49.
- Bob Speel, Cockspur Street architectural sculpture, and statue of George III.
- The Victorian Web, The Art of Sculpture in Victorian Britain.
- Kees van Tilburg, From Marcus Aurelius to Kim Jong-il: The story of equestrian statues throughout the ages (Amstelveen, 2017). – see also the Equestrian statue website.
Location (N 51°30'28" - W 0°7'50")
Item Code: gblo216; Photograph: 18 March 2019
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt