Equestrian statue of King Edward VII in the uniform of a field marshal. On the front and back of the pedestal is a relief of the royal coat-of-arms.
bertram mackennal a.r.a. sculptor 1921
j.w. singer & sons ltd. bronze founders, frome
- Sir Edgar Bertram Mackennal (Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia 1863 - Watcombe Hall, near Torquay 1931),
Australian sculptor and medallist
Sources & Information
- Andrew Kershman, London's Monuments (London: Metro Publ., 2013), p. 93.
- John Blackwood, London's Immortals: The Complete Outdoor Commemorative Statues (London: Savoy, 1989), p. 72-75.
- London Remembers, Memorials.
- Bob Speel, Sculptures at Waterloo Place.
- The Victorian Web, The Art of Sculpture in Victorian Britain.
- Kees van Tilburg, From Marcus Aurelius to Kim Jong-il: The story of equestrian statues throughout the ages (Amstelveen, 2017). – see also the Equestrian statue website.
Location (N 51°30'24" - W 0°7'55")
Item Code: gblo203; Photograph: 18 March 2019
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.