Statue of Saint Thomas Becket falling with his arms raised as if fending off the blows of the four knights who murdered him. The statue is made of fibreglass resin.
the corporation of london
- Edward Bainbridge-Copnall (1903-1973),
Sources & Information
- Wikipedia, List of public art in the City of London.
- John Blackwood, London's Immortals: The Complete Outdoor Commemorative Statues (London: Savoy, 1989), p. 324-325.
- Andrew Kershman, London's Monuments (London: Metro Publ., 2013), p. 219.
- Peter Matthews, London's Statues and Monuments (Botley: Shire, 2012), p. 77-78.
Location (N 51°30'48" - W 0°5'51")
Via the links below you can find the position:
Item Code: gblo134; Photograph: 7 August 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.