Bronze statue of Queen Victoria crowned, with orb and sceptre.
Bronze cast of a marble original in Udaipur in India from 1889 (removed in 1947). Other casts are in Aberdeen, Adelaide (Australia), Scarborough and St. Peter Port (Guernsey).
to the citizens of london by
SIR ALFRED SEALE HASLAM
in token of
friendship to themselves
and loyalty to
her majesty queen victoria
rt. hon. sir walter wilkin, knt
c.b. birch. a.r.a. 1893
- Charles Bell Birch (Brixton 1832 - 1893),
Sources & Information
- Wikipedia, List of public art in the City of London.
- Bob Speel, London sculpture.
- Wikipedia, List of statues of Queen Victoria.
- John Blackwood, London's Immortals: The Complete Outdoor Commemorative Statues (London: Savoy, 1989), p. 64-67.
- Andrew Kershman, London's Monuments (London: Metro Publ., 2013), p. 114.
- Peter Matthews, London's Statues and Monuments (Botley: Shire, 2012), p. 73.
- Center for British Art, Statue of Queen Victoria 1889.
Location (N 51°30'39" - W 0°6'15")
Item Code: gblo123; Photograph: 7 August 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt