Bronze bust, replica of the bust created in 1931.
lived in a house formerly on the south side of
Tavistock Square from 1924 to 1939 where most of her
greatest novels were written and published
'Then one day walking round Tavistock Square I made up,
as I sometimes make up my books, To the Lighthouse; in
a great apparently involuntary, rush.'
This memorial was erected by the
Virginia Woolf Society of Great Britain
26 June 2004
- Stephen Tomlin (1901-1937),
Sources & Information
- Wikipedia, List of public art in Camden.
- Bob Speel, London sculpture.
- Andrew Kershman, London's Monuments (London: Metro Publ., 2013), p. 242.
- Peter Matthews, London's Statues and Monuments (Botley: Shire, 2012), p. 181.
Location (N 51°31'27" - W 0°7'44")
Item Code: gblo116; Photograph: 7 August 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.