Bronze statue of Disraeli in the robes of an Earl with a scroll in his right hand.
1804 - 1881
m. raggi scr. | fecit 1883 | london
h. young & co | art founders | pimlico
- Mario Raggi (1821-1907), Italian/English sculptor, active in London
Unveiled 19 April 1883.
On Parliament Square, Westminster, are 10 statues of British and some foreign politicians.
Click here for a interactive map with the locations of the sculptures.
- Abraham Lincoln (1920)
- George Canning (1832, here 1949)
- Nelson Mandela (2007)
- Sir Robert Peel (1877)
- Benjamin Disraeli (1883)
- Edward Smith-Stanley (1874)
- Henry John Temple - Lord Palmerston (1876)
- Jan Smuts (1956)
- David Lloyd George (2007)
- Sir Winston Churchill (1973)
Sources & Information
- Wikipedia, List of public art in the City of Westminster.
- Wikipedia, Parliament Square.
- George L. Gomme, Return of outdoor memorials in London (London: City Council, 1910) (through Internet Archive).
- John Blackwood, London's Immortals: The Complete Outdoor Commemorative Statues (London: Savoy, 1989), p. 194-197.
- Andrew Kershman, London's Monuments (London: Metro Publ., 2013), p. 64-65.
- Peter Matthews, London's Statues and Monuments (Botley: Shire, 2012), p. 32-33.
Location (N 51°30'2" - W 0°7'38")
Via the links below you can find the position:
Item Code: gblo043; Photograph: 3 August 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.