Bronze statue of Napier holding a scroll out in his right hand, a gesture which symbolises the giving of government to Sindh.
charles james napier
erected by public subscription
the most numerous contributors
being private soldiers
c.g. adams sc.
- George Gammon Adams (1821-1898),
English portrait sculptor and medallist
Sources & Information
- Wikipedia, List of public art in the City of Westminster.
- Bob Speel, London sculpture.
- Wikipedia, Trafalgar Square.
- George L. Gomme, Return of outdoor memorials in London (London: City Council, 1910) (through Internet Archive).
- John Blackwood, London's Immortals: The Complete Outdoor Commemorative Statues (London: Savoy, 1989), p. 256-257.
- Andrew Kershman, London's Monuments (London: Metro Publ., 2013), p. 20.
- Peter Matthews, London's Statues and Monuments (Botley: Shire, 2012), p. 12.
Location (N 51°30'27" - W 0°7'42")
Via the links below you can find the position:
Item Code: gblo022; Photograph: 3 August 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.