Bronze statue of Irving, holding a script in his hand. At his feet is a wreath, replaced every year by the Irving Society to commemorate his birthday (there was no wreath when we visited the statue).
born 1838 died 1905 knight litt.d. dublin d.litt.
cambridge ll.d. glasgow erected by english
actors and actresses and by others
connected with the theatre in this country
t. brock r.a. sc.
- Sir Thomas Brock KCB RA (1847-1922),
Sources & Information
- Wikipedia, List of public art in the City of Westminster.
- The Victorian Web, Sir Henry Irving.
- John Blackwood, London's Immortals: The Complete Outdoor Commemorative Statues (London: Savoy, 1989), p. 138-139.
- Andrew Kershman, London's Monuments (London: Metro Publ., 2013), p. 24.
- Peter Matthews, London's Statues and Monuments (Botley: Shire, 2012), p. 99.
Location (N 51°30'34" - W 0°7'41")
Via the links below you can find the position:
Item Code: gblo009; Photograph: 3 August 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.