At the top of the 50 m (162 ft) high town hall tower is a bronze statue of St. Helena, the town's patron saint, and below her four bronze ravens and four seated stone figures representing:
- Fishery, a fisherman with a net.
- Engineering, a man with a cogwheel and an anvil.
- Military Defence, a Roman soldier.
- Agriculture, a woman with a sheef of corn.
- Thomas Rudge (Cheltenham 1868 - 1942),
Sources & Information
Location (N 51°53'23" - E 0°53'56")
Item Code: gbee049; Photograph: 25 June 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.