Fountain composed of three main elements:
- an octogonal basin.
- a pedestal with on the four corners gold coloured statues of the four main virtues (Force, Prudence, Justice and Temperance), with dolphins and shells on the sides.
- on the pedestal are an obelisk flanked by two sculpture groups:
- the portraits of the dauphin future Louis XVI and his future wife Marie-Antoinette presented by allegorical figures of France and Austria as an homage to their marriage in 1770.
- a child representing innocent love with a dog and a lamb, symbolizing respectively fidelity and sweetness.
en cette ville
Chilperic II fut inhume
Huges Capet couronne roi
erigee en 1493
restaurée en 1770
pendant la guerre 1914-1918
fut nouveau restauree
et achevee en 1979
Signed (portrait): a colin
The fountain is made by the sculptor François Masson, the founder Joachim Hebeau and Eloy Hublar, master stone mason of Noyon.
- François Masson (La Vieille-Lyre, Eure 1745 - Paris 1807),
Sources & Information
Location (N 49°34'50" - E 3°0'0")
Via the links below you can find the position:
Item Code: frpi006; Photograph: 24 May 2011
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.