Bronze statue of a nude boy with a rooster in his right hand.
Signed: A Falguiere
The original, placed in 1868 on the Grand Rond, was destroyed in 1942. The present copy is cast in 1963.
Grand Rond (Sculptures)
The Grand Rond (Grand Circle) or Boulingrin (Bowling Green) is a public garden southeast of the city center, built between 1752 and 1754. It has the form of a very large roundabout with four four aisles, the allées Jules Guesde, François Verdier, Paul-Sabatier and Frederic Mistral. This roundabout is so vast (4 hectares) that is transformed into an English garden in the nineteenth century.
Click here for a interactive map with the locations of the sculptures.
- Alexandre Falguière (Toulouse 1831 - Paris 1900),
French sculptor (his bust)
Sources & Information
Location (N 43°35'45" - E 1°27'7")
Item Code: frmp053; Photograph: 2 September 2011
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt