Statue of Jeanne d'Arc as a virgin warrior in armour, standing with her right hand on her heart and with her left hand she holds a standard next to her heart. Her helmet is on the floor next to her right foot.
This is model no. 87 of the Vaucouleurs factory: 'Jeanne d'Arc au sacre tenant son étendard' (Joan of Arc at the coronation holding her standard).
de Vaucouleurs (Meuse)
Jeanne d'Arc - Timeline
- 1412 - Approx date of birth
- 1425 - Visions of Saint Michael, Saint Catherine, and Saint Margaret, who told her to drive out the English and bring the Dauphin to Rheims for his coronation
- 1428, May - Went to Vaucouleurs to ask garrison commander, Count Robert de Baudricourt, to send her to the royal French court at Chinon, but is sent away.
- 1429, February - Baudricourt allows Jeanne to join the Dauphin at Chinon.
- 1429, May 8 - Lifting of the siege of Orleans
- 1429, July 17 - Coronation of Charles VII in Reims
- 1430, May 23 - Captured at Compiègne
- 1431, May 30 - Executed at Rouen
- 1871 - After the defeat of 1871, in many French towns and villages statues of Jeanne d'Arc are erected.
- Adolphe-Ernest Toussaint (1845-1911),
French sculptor in Donjeux (Haute-Marne), employed by the Union artistique de Vaucouleurs and the Manufacture d'art chrétien 'La Sainterie'.
Locatie (N 48°26'32" - E 5°40'31") (Satellite view: Google Maps)
Item Code: frlo048; Photograph: 13 June 2011
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.