Cast iron statue. On the front of the pedestal the bronze coat of arms of Sainte-Catherine-de-Fierbois, on the other sides texts.
allant à Chinon s'arręta céans
le 5 Mars 1429
de ste catherine
Le 23 avril 1429
envoya querir ici son épée
Signed: Fondu par / Mr.e. Denonvilliers
Jeanne d'Arc - Timeline
- 1412 - Approx date of birth
- 1425 - Visions of Saint Michael, Saint Catherine, and Saint Margaret, who told her to drive out the English and bring the Dauphin to Rheims for his coronation
- 1428, May - Went to Vaucouleurs to ask garrison commander, Count Robert de Baudricourt, to send her to the royal French court at Chinon, but is sent away.
- 1429, February - Baudricourt allows Jeanne to join the Dauphin at Chinon.
- 1429, May 8 - Lifting of the siege of Orleans
- 1429, July 17 - Coronation of Charles VII in Reims
- 1430, May 23 - Captured at Compiègne
- 1431, May 30 - Executed at Rouen
- 1871 - After the defeat of 1871, in many French towns and villages statues of Jeanne d'Arc are erected.
Click on the thumbnail for an enlargement.
- Félix Charpentier (Bollène, Vaucluse 1858 - Paris 1924),
Sources & Information
- Bernard Mugnier, La statuaire johannique du XVIe au XXe siècle (Vesoul: l'auteur, 2008), p. 97.
- Sainte Jeanne d'Arc, Statues en France (WebArchive).
Location (N 47°9'26" - E 0°39'16")
Item Code: frce032; Photograph: 30 August 2011
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.