Rue Jeanne d'Arc
Jeanne d'Arc - Monument aux morts
Joan of Arc - War memorial
Saint Jeanne d'Arc (Joan of Arc), The Maid of Orléans (ca. 1412 - 1431)
national heroine of France, beatified in 1909 and canonized in 1920. She led the French army to several important victories during the Hundred Years' War
Stone statue of Jeanne d'Arc as a virgin warrior in armour, standing with her both hands holding a standard.
With lists of victims on the other sides.
War memorial - list of names
We have photos of the list(s) of victims on this memorial. Contact us if you want to see these lists.
Jeanne d'Arc - Timeline
- 1412 - Approx date of birth
- 1425 - Visions of Saint Michael, Saint Catherine, and Saint Margaret, who told her to drive out the English and bring the Dauphin to Rheims for his coronation
- 1428, May - Went to Vaucouleurs to ask garrison commander, Count Robert de Baudricourt, to send her to the royal French court at Chinon, but is sent away.
- 1429, February - Baudricourt allows Jeanne to join the Dauphin at Chinon.
- 1429, May 8 - Lifting of the siege of Orleans
- 1429, July 17 - Coronation of Charles VII in Reims
- 1430, May 23 - Captured at Compiègne
- 1431, May 30 - Executed at Rouen
- 1871 - After the defeat of 1871, in many French towns and villages statues of Jeanne d'Arc are erected.
- Unknown artist. Do you know who the sculptor is? please let us know.
Locatie (N 48°11'13" - E 7°23'54") (Satellite view: Google Maps)
Item Code: fral090; Photograph: 16 April 2012
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.