Statues - Hither & Thither
Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Plaza de España
La Primavera y el Verano
Spring and Summer
1787 (reconstructed 2008)
The Alameda was erected in 1787 and was planted with two rows of poplars that gave it its name, which were replaced in 1830 by bananas from Lebanon and tamarinds. The gate was a portal with three arches with the royal coat of arms, two inscriptions on marble plaques and two elegant Genoese statues of the Summer and the Spring.
The gate was demolished in 2016 and reconstructed in 2008.
«ha sido costeada por la
generosidad de las personas
distinguidas de este vecindario,
movidas del buen gusto y deseos
de reunir su sociedad en tan
y estimuladas de la eficacia con
que se dedica y contribuye el
citado sr. comandante general
a la hermosura, adelantamiento
y mejora de la plaza y
This has been paid for by|
the generosity of distinguished
people in this neighborhood,
moved by good taste and the desire
to reunite their society such a
own recreation ground.
And stimulated by the efficiency with
which the cited mr. commander general
dedicated himself to the beauty, and
overtook the improvement of the square
Your banner here? Click for information.