Two stingrays made of scrap iron parts. Made at the fourth Symposium in October 2017 and placed here in January 2018.
Simposio Internacional de Escultura de Pájara
In Morro Jable, municipality of Pájara, since 2014 a yearly International Sculpture Symposium is held, with the local sculptor Juan Miguel Cubras as one of the promoters. At these symposiums four or five sculptors work for a few weeks in a place open to the public. The sculptures made during the symposiums are placed in the public space of Morro Jable or else in the municipality of Pájara. Just as in Puerto del Rosario, there is no sculpture trail and there are hardly any information signs.
The participants were:
- 2014: Andrey Balashov (Russia), Juan Miguel Cubas (Fuerteventura), Amancio González (Spain), and Carlos Monge (Mexico).
- 2015: Victoria Boldova (Spain), Juan Miguel Cubas (Fuerteventura), Amancio González (Spain), and Nedim Hadziahmetovic (Serbia).
- 2016: Juan Miguel Cubas (Fuerteventura), Antonia Fathullina (Russia), Amancio González (Spain), and Pete Petrov (Bulgaria).
- 2017: Juan Miguel Cubas (Fuerteventura), Antonia Fathullina (Russia), Amancio González (Spain), Xavier González (France), and Diedel Klöver (Germany).
- Diedel Klöver (Dangast/Jadebusen 1961), - YardArt Kunst,
German sculptor in Varel
(Website - Facebook).
Sources & Information
Location (N 28°2'54" - W 14°20'14")
Item Code: esca372; Photograph: 15 April 2018
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt