Large block of stone, split in two. In the crack the figure of a woman is visible.
We don't know how this is related to the story of Judah and Tamar, whose name is on the sculpture.
Made during the first Symposium in November 2014.
Иуда и фамарь
Андрей Балашов в 2014 г.
придумал и сделал (Made and designed by Andrey Balashov in 2014).
Simposio Internacional de Escultura de Pájara
In Morro Jable, municipality of Pájara, since 2014 a yearly International Sculpture Symposium is held, with the local sculptor Juan Miguel Cubras as one of the promoters. At these symposiums four or five sculptors work for a few weeks in a place open to the public. The sculptures made during the symposiums are placed in the public space of Morro Jable or else in the municipality of Pájara. Just as in Puerto del Rosario, there is no sculpture trail and there are hardly any information signs.
The participants were:
- 2014: Andrey Balashov (Russia), Juan Miguel Cubas (Fuerteventura), Amancio González (Spain), and Carlos Monge (Mexico).
- 2015: Victoria Boldova (Spain), Juan Miguel Cubas (Fuerteventura), Amancio González (Spain), and Nedim Hadziahmetovic (Serbia).
- 2016: Juan Miguel Cubas (Fuerteventura), Antonia Fathullina (Russia), Amancio González (Spain), and Pete Petrov (Bulgaria).
- 2017: Juan Miguel Cubas (Fuerteventura), Antonia Fathullina (Russia), Amancio González (Spain), Xavier González (France), and Diedel Klöver (Germany).
- Andrey Balashov - Андрей Балашов (Malachovka, Moscow oblast 1957),
Sources & Information
Locatie (N 28°2'54" - W 14°20'41") (Satellite view: Google Maps)
Item Code: esca366; Photograph: 15 April 2018
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.