Bronze sculpture of a man lifting a stone above his head.
Juegos tradicionales / Traditional Games
At the main roundabout of Cruce de Arinaga are four sculpture groups showing traditional games:
We did not check the sculptures for signatures, because the traffic was too heavy to cross over to the center of the roundabout.
- South: Levantamiento del Arado / Rising Plows, by Paco Suárez Díaz.
- East: Levantamiento de Piedras / Rising Stones, by Wency Herrera García.
- North: Juego del Palo / Game of Sticks, by José Luis Marrero.
- West: Lucha Canaria / Canarian Wrestling, by José Luis Marrero.
For information on the various games, see the artcile 'Deportes y juegos de Canarias' at Wikipedia.
- Francisco Ramón 'Paco' Suárez Díaz,
Spanish-Canarian sculptor from Agüimes, Gran Canaria
Sources & Information
Location (N 27°52'32" - W 15°25'30")
Via the links below you can find the position:
Item Code: esca068; Photograph: 5 January 2015
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.