Around the map is the text (underlined letters are missing):
V CENTENARIO 3EVIAJE DE CRISTOBAL COLON 1498-1998
Columbus left the port of Sanlucar de Barrameda on the mouth of the river Guadalquivir on May 30, 1498 with six ships, bound for the New World on his third voyage. On the intersection of the Avenida Quinto Centenary (Fifth Centenary Avenue, named after the centenary of the departure) and the Avenida Nao Victoria (Ship Victoria Avenue, named after Magellan's ship. Magellan sailed from Sanlúr in 1519) ) is this map-monument. It shows a map with the route of Columbus on this third voyage to America.