German fictional kobold character who was very famous in East Germany (German Democratic Republic), co-created in 1962 by the writers Ingeborg Feustel and Günther Feustel, the sculptor Emma-Maria Lange, and the puppeteer Heinz Schröder
Sculpture of the cobold Pittiplatsch sitting on a bench.
KI.KA-Figuren in Erfurt
The KI.KA figures in Erfurt are ten sculptures of well-known figures from the field of children's media (KI.KA = Kinderkanal, Children's Channel). The idea to set up the figures goes back to the tenth anniversary of the children's channel in 2007.
The ten figures are, in chronological order:
- Bernd das Brot / Bernd the bread, July 2007, by Frank Meyer and Thomas Lindner.
- Sandmännchen / Little Sandman, October 2008, by Christian Paschold.
- Maus und Elefant / Mouse and Elephant, May 2009, by Frank Meyer (mouse) and Thomas Lindner (elephant).
- Tigerente / Tiger duck, May 2009, by Thomas Lindner.
- Tabaluga, July 2009, by Thomas Lindner.
- Käpt'n Blaubär und Hein Blöd / Captain Bluebear and Harry Dim, September 2009, by Frank Meyer.
- Kikaninchen / KI.KA-rabbit, October 2010.
- Rabe Rudi und der sprechende Koffer / Raven Rudi and the talking suitcase, April 2012, by Thomas Lindner (at the airport, we haven't been there).
- Goldener Spatz / Golden Sparrow, June 2012, by Frank Meyer.
- Pittiplatsch, November 2017.
For a map with the KI.KA figures in Erfurt, click here.
Source: Wikipedia, KiKA-Figuren in Erfurt.
- Unknown artist. Do you know who the sculptor is? please let us know.
Location (N 50°58'42" - E 11°1'51")
Item Code: deth158; Photograph: 12 October 2018
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt