Bronze statue of a shepherd boy (or gardener's boy) with a dog - the dog is the emblem of Quedlinburg - on the column standing in the centre of a hexagonal limestone basin. On the front of the column, is the Quedlinburg coat of arms and on the back was the family crest of the founder, a sailing ship with billowing sails (it is cut off).
Originally, there was an inscription (we haven't seen it):
Seiner Vaterstadt Friedrich Schacht 1913.
gestiftet vom Kaufmann Friedrich Schacht
im Jahr 1911
restauriert mit Hilfe von Spenden des Freundeskreises
G. & H. Murmann - Stiftung Troisdorf
Quedlinburg, August 1995
- Franz Blazek (Wien 1887 - 1941),
Sources & Information
Location (N 51°47'19" - E 11°8'24")
Item Code: desa067; Photograph: 11 August 2013
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt