Marble statue of Empress Augusta sitting on a chair. The statue is placed under a cupola in a larger monument, designed by Bruno Schmitz. On the two wings are marble reliefs showing:
1. Foundation of the German Red Cross
- (left) Foundation of the German Red Cross. A wounded soldier is cared for by two nurses, while a female figure holds the emblem of the Red Cross.
- (right) A stylized representation of the city of Koblenz with Confluentia, patroness of Koblenz, the coat of arms of Koblenz and the city itself with the Deutsches Eck, which was built one year after the inauguration of the monument to Augusta.
2. A stylized representation of the city of Koblenz with Confluentia
die dankbare bürgerschaft
der residenzstadt coblenz
- Karl Friedrich Moest or Möst (Gernsbach 1838 - Karlsruhe 1923),
German sculptor from Karlsruhe
Sources & Information
Location (N 50°20'46" - E 7°35'44")
Item Code: derp266; Photograph: 1 November 2015
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.