(Kirche St. Albertus-Magnus)
Bronzetür mit den vier Evangelisten
Bronze Door with the Four Evangelists
The four Evangelists are Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Their versions of the life of Jesus - the Gospel - are included in the New Testament. In art, they are depicted with their symbols: Eagle (John), Lion (Mark), Bull (Luke) and Angel (Matthew) or just with these symbols in the so-called tetramorphe.
Bronze doors, with the four evangelists with their symbols
- Top left: St. Matthæs / St. Matthew with an angel.
- Top left: St. Markus / St. Mark with a lion.
- Bottom left: St. Lukas / St. Luke with a bull.
- Bottom right: St. Johannes / St. John the Evangelist with an eagle.
- Felger, sculptor in Münster (no information).
Sources & Information
Locatie (N 51°39'23" - E 8°8'36") (Satellite view: Google Maps)
Item Code: denw379; Photograph: 12 September 2015
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.