Arch with a platform on top. The keystone has the date 1895. On this platform is an obelisk with the dates 1870-71, crossed swords and a laurel wreath, a cross and text plaques; on top is an eagle. On the four corners of the platform are stone busts of:
- (east) Kaiser Wilhelm I (Berlin 1797-Berlin 1888), King of Prussia and German Emperor, 1861-1888 (Wikipedia).
- (north) Kaiser Friedrich III (Potsdam 1831-Potsdam 1888), King of Prussia and German Emperor from 9 March to 15 June 1888 (Wikipedia).
- (west) Otto Fürst von Bismarck (Schönhausen 1815 - Friedrichsruh bei Hamburg 1898),
German-Prussian statesman, Prime Minister of Prussia, 1862-1890; designed the German Empire in 1871, becoming its first Chancellor; nicknamed "The Iron Chancellor"
- (south) Helmuth Graf von Moltke (Parchim 1800 - Berlin 1891), Generalfeldmarschall (Wikipedia).
von Einwohnern des Kirchspiels
- Unknown artist. Do you know who the sculptor is? please let us know.
Location (N 53°30'37" - E 9°43'45")
Unfortunately, due to high costs, it is no longer possible to display the map directly. Via the links below you can find the position:
Item Code: dens347; Photograph: 14 April 2016
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.