Deutschland

Statues - Hither & Thither

Site Search:
Dorf Mecklenburg
Lkr. Nordwestmecklenburg

Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

Schweriner Straße
(Gedenkstätte an die demokratische Bodenreform)

Bodenreform

Land Reform

Reinhard Dietrich
1976

Dorf Mecklenburg /  Bodenreform   Dorf Mecklenburg /  Bodenreform

Description

Large bronze 'block' with reliefs. The front shows the primitive way of agriculture before the collectivization, the back shows the modern machinery of the LPG's (Landwirtschaftliche Produktionsgenossenschaft - Agricultural Production Cooperative).

Dorf Mecklenburg - Bodenreform Dorf Mecklenburg - Bodenreform Dorf Mecklenburg - Bodenreform Dorf Mecklenburg - Bodenreform
Dorf Mecklenburg - Bodenreform Dorf Mecklenburg - Bodenreform Dorf Mecklenburg - Bodenreform

Information Sign

„BODENREFORMʺ

Bronzerelief von Reinhard Dietrich (* 1932
in Breslau). Der Bildhauer studierte 1950-
1953 an der Fachschule für Bildende Kunst
in Leipzig, anschließend bis 1958 an der
Hochschule für Bildende Künste Dresden.
Er erhielt u.a. 1979 den Kunstpreis der DDR
1985 den Preis der Biennale Rauma/
Finnland und 1988 den Nationalpreis der
DDR.
Dieses 1976 geschaffene Relief war ein
Auftragswerk des damaligen Rates des
Bezirkes Rostock und soll den geschicht-
lichen Werdegang der DDR-Landwirtschaft
ab 1945 bis zur Kollektivierung darstellen.
Hier 1976 gemeinsam mit der Plastik „LPG-
Bauernʺ und der Feldsteinmauer als
„Gedenkstätte an die demokratische
Bodenreformʺ installiert. Seit 1995 Landes-
kunstbesitz von Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

"LAND REFORM"

Bronze relief by Reinhard Dietrich (* 1932
in Breslau). The sculptor studied 1950-
1953 at the College of Fine Arts
in Leipzig, then until 1958 at the
Dresden Academy of Fine Arts.
He received, a.o., in 1979 the Art Prize of the
GDR, in 1985 the Prize of the Biennale Rauma/
Finland and in 1988 the National Prize of
the GDR.
This relief was created in 1976
commissioned by the former Council of
the Rostock District and should represent
the historical development of the GDR Agriculture
from 1945 up to the collectivization.
Installed here in 1976 together with the sculpture
"LPG-Farmers" and the stone wall as
"Memorial to the Democratic
Land Reform". Since 1995, state
art collection of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern

Sculptor

Tags

Location (N 53°50'20" - E 11°27'25")

Item Code: demv221; Photograph: 6 August 2016
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt