Seven larger than life statues, four women and three men, standing in a circle. The names of the seven statues are:
- Herabschreitender / Descending Youth
- Hüterin / The Guardian
- Sinnender / Pondering Youth
- Junges Weib / Young Woman
- Stehender Jüngling / Standing Youth
- Auserwählte / The Chosen One
all statues are signed: GK
The sculptural group was commissioned after two years of negotiations in 1941, and erected after Kolbe's death in 1954. Six statues are finished by Kolbe before his death, the seventh statue, Sinnender, was finished by Richard Scheibe
- Georg Kolbe (Waldheim, Sachsen 1877 - Berlin 1947),
Sources & Information
- Frankfurt, Kunst im öffentlichen Raum, Innenstadt.
- Ursel Berger, Georg Kolbe - Leben und Werk (Berlin: Gebr. Mann, 1990), pp. 116-117, Kat. 170.
Location (N 50°7'3" - E 8°40'11")
Item Code: dehs225; Photograph: 28 September 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.