Four sandstone sculptures on the portico:
- Europa / Europe, woman with a buste, books and basket with fruit.
- Afrika / Africa, negroide man with a monkey and a lion.
- Amerika / America, woman with an eagle.
- Asien - Asia, man with turban, a buddha statue and an animal (?)
The house was built in 1915 and was the main office of the building firm Philipp Holzmann.
- Unknown artist. Do you know who the sculptor is? please let us know.
Sources & Information
Location (N 50°6'38" - E 8°40'13")
Item Code: dehs213; Photograph: 28 September 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.