At the top of the façade of the castle on the side of the Market square are four statues - these statues are copies of 1922, the originals are under the arcades of the Parforcehof of the castle:
- Treue - Fides: Woman with dog.
- Liebe - Caritas: Woman with ear of corn.
- Gerechtigkeit - Justitia: Woman with scales and sword.
- Überfluss - Abundantia - Woman with cornucopia.
Below this statues are two reliefs and the coat of arms of Ernst Ludwig of Hessen-Darmstadt (1667-1739).
- Angel with pyramid.
- Fame - Winged female with two horns.
Locatie (N 49°52'22" - E 8°39'18") (Satellite view: Google Maps)
Item Code: dehs125; Photograph: 30 September 2012
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.