Stone statue of Pallas Athene with in her hand a sphere with Nike. On the faces of the pedestal:
- A portrait relief JVSTVS LIEBIG.
- first relief of two chemists.
- A fruit and flower wreath.
- second relief of two chemists.
Lower on the pedestal is on each face a coat of arms.
1 Justus von Liebig
2 Universität Gießen
Unveiled 1 October 1913.
- Heinrich Jobst (Schönlind, Oberpfalz 1874 - Darmstadt 1943),
German sculptor in Darmstadt
Sources & Information
Locatie (N 49°52'23" - E 8°39'7") (Satellite view: Google Maps)
Item Code: dehs104; Photograph: 30 September 2012
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.