Deutschland

Statues - Hither & Thither

Site Search:
Hamburg
Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg

Sievekingsplatz 1
(Ziviljustizgebäude)

Vier Hamburger Juristen

Four Lawyers from Hamburg

Eduard Albrecht & Georges Morin
date?

Hamburg /  Vier Hamburger Juristen   Hamburg /  Vier Hamburger Juristen

Description

Four bronze statues above the entrance to the civil courthouse .

Inscription(s)

From left to right:

  1. vincent moller
    1550-1621

  2. matthaeus schlüter
    1648-1719

  3. georg arnold heise
    1778-1851

  4. hermann baumeister
    1806-1877

Information Sign

justizforum
ziviljustizgebäude

1898-1903 errichtet, Entwurf Baudirektor Carl Joh. Chr. Zimmermann. Pendant zum gegenüberliegenden Strafjustizgebäude. Bronzefiguren von bedeutenden Hamburger Juristen. Südlichte Erweiterung 1928-30, Entwurf Fritz Schumacher.

The Civil Courts were built in 1898-1903, to plans by Carl Joh. Chr. Zimmermann. They are the pendant to the Criminal Courts located opposite. Bronze figures of important legal personalities from Hamburg. Southern extension 1928-30, to plans by Fritz Schumacher.

Annotation

The Hamburg lawyers:
  1. Vincent Moller (1550-1621), statue by Eduard Albrecht. The statue was modelled after a copper engraved portrait, which however does not show Vincent Moller, but his son Eberhard Moller (d. 1657).
  2. Matthäus Schlüter (1648-1719), statue by Eduard Albrecht
  3. Georg Arnold Heise (1778-1851), statue by Eduard Albrecht (Wikipedia)
  4. Hermann Baumeister (1806-1877), statue by Georges Morin (Wikipedia).

Sculptors

Sources & Information

Tags

  • Albrecht, Eduard
  • Baumeister, Hermann
  • Heise, Georg Arnold
  • Lawyer
  • Moller, Vincent
  • Morin, Georges
  • Schlüter, Matthaeus
  • Statue
  • Location (N 53°33'21" - E 9°58'36")

    Item Code: dehh008; Photograph: 6 November 2008  / updated: 13 September 2009
    Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
    If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
    © Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt