Fountain of red marble with bronze sculptures. On a central column stands a bronze statue of the town's patroness, 'Lindavia mit dem Lindenzweig' (Lindavia with the Linden branch), holding a rudder. On the plinth is the coat of arms of Lindau (a linden tree). On the four sides of the basin are sitting allegorical figures representing the former economical pillars of Lindau:
The fountain was inaugurated om the occasion of the twenty-year reign of King Ludwig II.
- Schifffahrt - Navigation, a man with a rudder and an anchor
- Fischerei - Fishery, a man with a fishing net.
- Weinbau - Viniculture, a woman with grapes.
- Ackerbau - Agriculture, a woman with a scythe and a sheaf of corn.
staat und stadt
- Wilhelm von Rümann (Hannover 1850 - Ajaccio, Corse, 1906),
Sources & Information
Location (N 47°32'44" - E 9°41'4")
Item Code: deby295; Photograph: 5 October 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.