Aluminium sculpture shaped as a kind of upside down column: the pedestal is on the top of a column. On the column are silhouet portraits of Bach. The four sides of the 'block' on top show:
- a relief portrait of Bach with Bach's signature,
- a sphere with music notation, "Das Königliche Thema",
- a stone relief showing Bach's portrait divided in four parts, in the center a alumnium plate with the text "B.A.C.H.", music notation with the dates 1685-1750, and a silhouet portrait.
- a kind of gramophone record with Bach's signature and the text "Musikalisches Opfer"
Signed: (portrait) 25.7.2003 Jürgen Goertz
(stone relief) Jürgen Goertz 25.7.03
Unveiled 25 July 2003.
- Jürgen Goertz (Albrechtshagen, Lkr. Gnesen 1939),
German sculptor from Sinsheim
Location (N 49°18'10" - E 10°34'18")
Via the links below you can find the position:
Item Code: deby259; Photograph: 29 September 2011
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.