Pairs of statues on the abutments of the northeast end of the choir:
- St. Johannes der Evangelist - St. John the Evangelist, with on the console an eagle.
conventional name for the author of the Gospel of John - considered to be the same person as John the Apostle
- Christus - Christ, , making a blessing gesture and showing his wound, with on the consoles an angel with a shield.
- St. Mary with Child, with on the console a prophet (Moses?) with a banderol.
- St. Georg - St. George, with on the console an angel with a shield.
(ca. 275/281 - 303), Roman soldier from Syria Palaestina and a priest in the Guard of Diocletian, one of the Fourteen Holy Helpers. He is immortalized in the tale of Saint George and the Dragon
- St. Paul, with on the console St. Veronica with the veil.
the Apostle, (c. 5 - c. 67 ), persecuted the early followers of Jesus before switching sides and seeking to join them. He was instrumental in creating the Christian Church. He is the protector of tent-makers, theologians and the ecclesiastical press and is depicted with a sword.
- St. Peter, with on the console an angel with a shield with a papal tiara.
(possibly died AD 67), apostle, first pope; patron saint of locksmiths and confessors. Usually holding the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven in his hand
Location (N 48°31'13" - E 9°3'23")
Unfortunately, due to high costs, it is no longer possible to display the map directly. Via the links below you can find the position:
Item Code: debw229; Photograph: 30 September 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.