Monument - 5.90 m high, 2.90 m wide and 3.70 m deep - with a complex figure program with as main message the unification of Germany:
- In front of the plinth a seated woman is trying to bring two boys with their hands together, the woman represents Germania, the children are North and South Germany. Under the figure is the text: "Nord und Süd stehn Hand in Hand / Heil Dir einig Vaterland".
- Above this a portrait medallion of Wilhelm I, with the text: "WILHELM I".
- On top of the plinth is the winged Goddess of Victory, wearing the German imperial crown in her hands.
- Tablets also identify the main events of the Franco-German War of 1870-71.
28. januar 1871
21. maerz 1871
10. mai 1871
19. juli 1870
1. september 1870
18. januar 1871
heilbronn im jahre 1893
Ruppsche Erzgiesserei | München
- Wilhelm von Rümann (Hannover 1850 - Ajaccio, Corse, 1906),
Sources & Information
Location (N 49°8'40" - E 9°13'40")
Item Code: debw199; Photograph: 29 September 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.