Stone statue of Minerva on a pedestal with four reliefs and four allegorical statues:
- East (Front): Relief Architecture (putti with an architectural drawing) and statue of Justice (a woman with scales, leaning on books).
- South: Relief Science (putti with a globe and a measuring instrument) and statue of Pietas (a veiled woman with cross and book)
- West: Relief Music (putti playing music and singing) and a statue of Hermes, with winged hat, leaning on a bale of merchandise
- North: Relief Arts (putti sculpting and painting) and statue of Ceres (a woman with a cornucopia).
Signed: c. linck fecit
pietatis iustitiæque patrono
agriculturæ et commercii fautori
To Karl Theodor|
pious patron of justice
promotor of agriculture and trade
friend of the muses
Place by the government of Heidelberg in gratitude of Prince-Elector Karl Theodor, who promoted art and science. The statue forms a pair with that of the Prince-Elector himself.
The original statue is in the Kurpfälzische Museum.
- Franz Conrad Linck (Speyer 1730 - Mannheim 1793),
Sources & Information
Location (N 49°24'53" - E 8°42'34")
Item Code: debw047; Photograph: 26 September 2011
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt