Multi-part sculptural ensemble with:
- Double statue of Karl Marx (sitting) and Friedrich Engels (standing) by Ludwig Engelhardt.
- Die Würde und Schönheit freier Menschen (The dignity and beauty of free people): Two bronze reliefs by Margret Middell.
- Alte Welt (Old World): a 10 m long marble relief wall in five blocks by Werner Stötzer.
- Four stainless steel plates into which historical photos were burned using a specially developed eroding process; the photos form a documentation of the labor movement, selected by Arno Fischer and Peter Voigt.
|Die Würde und Schönheit freier Menschen (The dignity and beauty of free people) by Margret Middell.
(Old World): Marble relief wall by Werner Stötzer showing a group of people whose existence is shaped by exploitation and oppression.
- Ludwig Engelhardt (Saalfeld 1924 - Usedom 2001),
- Margret Middell (Marienwerder, Westpreußen, 1940),
- Werner Stötzer Sonneberg 1931 - Seelow-Altlangsow 2010),
Sources & Information
Locatie (N 52°31'6" - E 13°24'16") (Satellite view: Google Maps)
Item Code: debe101; Photograph: 31 August 2022
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.