Four bronze sculptures at the top of the façade of the former Stickereibörse (Embroidery Market), at present the St. Gallen office of the UBS.
- (left) Industrie und Handel / Manufacturing and Trade, Two women, one with a cogwheel and one with some instrument.
- (top centre) Libertas & Fortuna, The Swiss coat of arms flanked by two women, left Libertas with a large book and a crown, holding in her left hand an object, and right Fortuna with a rudder and a scroll.
- (right) Landwirtschaft / Agriculture, Two women, an elderly with an instrument, a younger one with sickle and sheaf of flax
On the corner of the Multergasse:
- Hermes, sitting in a small boat, named kramer, with parcels next to him.
(Hermes): h. kieme
- Hygin Kiene,
German copper sculptor of München.
- Josef von Kramer (Augsburg 1841 - München 1908),
Sources & Information
Location (N 47°25'25" - E 9°22'27")
Item Code: chsg030; Photograph: 6 October 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt