Stone statue of St. Otmar ("S. OTMAR") as a Benedictine abbot, with a little barrel, an allusion to the alleged miracle, that a barrel of St. Othmar never became empty, no matter how much he took from it to give to the poor. The statue stands next to a stone fountain basin with reliefs depicting the life of St. Otmar:
- (long side) 4 scenes:
- St. Othmar receives three monks.
- St. Othmar as healer.
- St. Othmar taken prisoner by Counts Warin and Ruodhart.
- St. Othmar in his cell.
- (short side) The body of St. Othmar is brought over the lake to St. Gallen.
- (short side) St. Othmar received by King Pepin.
1959 errichtet vom kath. administrationsrat zur 1200-jahrfeier de
- August Rausch (Eggersriet 1919 - St. Gallen 2002),
Swiss sculptor from Rheineck
Sources & Information
Location (N 47°25'22" - E 9°22'39")
Item Code: chsg018; Photograph: 6 October 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.