Rue du Palais
(Palais de Justice)
Quatre juristes éminents liègois
Four prominent lawyers of Liège
Charles de Méan, Mathias-Guillaume de Louvrex, Olivier Leclercq, and Toussaint Dandrimont
Guillaume (Willem) Geefs
Four large sandstone statues (one missing) in the south façade of the Palais de Justice. The present statues are copies made in 1995.
- Charles de Méan (Liège 1604 - Liège 1674), Jurisconsult of the principality of Liège and mayor of Liège (Wikipedia).
- (missing) Mathias-Guillaume de Louvrex (Liège 1665 - Liège 1734), jurisconsult, magistrate, diplomat and historian of Liège (Wikipedia).
- Olivier Leclercq (19th century), Attorney General of the Superior Court of Justice of Liège.
- Toussaint Dandrimont (Theux 1757 - Liège 1822), First president of the Superior Court of Justice of Liège.
- Guillaume (Willem) Geefs (Borgerhout 1805 - Schaarbeek 1883), Belgian sculptor (Wikipedia).
Sources & Information
Location (N 50°35'28" - E 5°51'58")
Item Code: belg058; Photograph: 11 April 2017
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.