Four allegorical statues at the top of ionic columns in the central bay of the Bregenz post office, built in 1895 by the architect Friedrich Setz:
At the top the gable is a statue of a young hornblower.
- Eisenbahn - Railways, Female figure with winged wheel, a switch signal and winged sandals.
- Post & Telegraph - Male figure with scroll, telegraph pole and eagle.
- Strassenverkehr - Road Trafic - Female figure with a caduceus and a milestone.
- Schiffahrt - Navigation - Male figure with a rudder.
- Unknown artist. Do you know who the sculptor is? please let us know.
Sources & Information
Location (N 47°30'19" - E 9°44'52")
Item Code: atvo009; Photograph: 4 October 2014
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.