Three 18th century sculpture are placed in the Brunnenhof of the Parish offices:
By Johann Jakob Schoy, 1726-30:
- Mater dolorosa / Our Lady of Sorrows
- Martyrium des hl. Johannes Nepomuk / Martyrdom of St. John of Nepomuk (Nepomuk c. 1345 - Praha 1393), confessor of the queen of Bohemia, refused to divulge the secrets of the confessional. At the behest of King Wenceslaus of Bohemia he was thrown from the Charles Bridge in Prague and drowned. John of Nepomuk is patron saint of bridges (Wikipedia)
By Joseph Schokotnigg, 1748
- Der Auferstandene Christus / The Risen Christ
- Josef Schokotnigg (Graz 1700 - Graz 1755),
- Johann Jakob Schoy (Marburg an der Drau [Maribor] 1686 - Graz 1732),
Location (N 47°4'9" - E 15°26'28")
Via the links below you can find the position:
Item Code: atst070; Photograph: 6 September 2016
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt
Your banner here? Click for information.