Marble statue of Queen Victoria with a scroll in her left hand and her robe in the right hand. She wears the Garter sash and her crown is worn over a mantilla. She is depicted in the act of opening Parliament.
the sculpture marble co | queen victoria s london s.e.
The statue was presented at the opening of the Victoria Gardens at the time of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee on 22 June 1897 by Sir John George Blaker. It was made by The Sculptured Marble Company, London.
Carlo Nicoli, sculptor of The Sculptured Marble Company, London.