Statue of Jeanne d'Arc as peasant girl, keeping with her right hand sword diagonally in front of her. Her left hand rests on a spindle wool.
This is probably model no. 231 of the Vaucouleurs factory: 'Jeanne d'Arc en paysanne, écoutant ses voix.'
de Vaucouleurs (Meuse)
and on the socle:
Instt. Cath.que Vaucouleurs 1890.
Jeanne d'Arc - Timeline
- 1412 - Approx date of birth
- 1425 - Visions of Saint Michael, Saint Catherine, and Saint Margaret, who told her to drive out the English and bring the Dauphin to Rheims for his coronation
- 1428, May - Went to Vaucouleurs to ask garrison commander, Count Robert de Baudricourt, to send her to the royal French court at Chinon, but is sent away.
- 1429, February - Baudricourt allows Jeanne to join the Dauphin at Chinon.
- 1429, May 8 - Lifting of the siege of Orleans
- 1429, July 17 - Coronation of Charles VII in Reims
- 1430, May 23 - Captured at Compiègne
- 1431, May 30 - Executed at Rouen
- 1871 - After the defeat of 1871, in many French towns and villages statues of Jeanne d'Arc are erected.
Sources & Information
- Jean-Marc Bodson, Modèle français (Bruxelles: Husson, 2008), no. 21.
- Bernard Mugnier, La statuaire johannique: Tome second (Vesoul: l'auteur, 2011), p. 269.
Locatie (N 48°26'35" - E 5°40'28")
Item Code: frlo047; Photograph: 13 June 2011
Of each statue we made photos from various angles and also detail photos of the various texts.
If you want to use photos, please contact us via the contact form (in Dutch, English or German).
© Website and photos: René & Peter van der Krogt